Success

"To laugh often and love much; to win the respect of intelligent persons and the affection of children; to earn the approbation of honest citizens and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to give of one's self; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to have played and laughed with enthusiasm and sung with exltation; to know that even one life has breathed easier because you have lived...this is to have succeeded." _Ralph Waldo Emerson_

Monday, June 23, 2008

It's a nail biter!!!!

So in the shower this morning I was thinking, (I seem to do some of my best thinking there lately...it must be cause it's quiet), and I had to write this down before I went to bed. But before I get to it, have I mentioned how grateful I am for this group of people that we call our bible study? We call it 'bible study,' but they all have come to mean so much to me. We have been meeting for almost 4 years now? I think it is. (the picture above is from this past winter retreat, sorry Micah I think you were in the car) They are certainly more to me than a group of people I just see once a week for a study, in fact we usually see each other more than once a week in some capacity or another. We are truly blessed by all of their friendships, they are encouragers of the faith, and stength for one another in weaknesses, sharing burdens no matter how small or large. Believe it or not there are ten children in all that belong to the above picture, and we love every one of them.

Anyway this past Thursday, as it is summer, each couple is doing individual devotional studies, and Brad and Megan did one on worry and fear. It must have been a topic that God wanted me to hear because I then heard it and the same verses again on Sunday from our pastor, and then again this morning on the way home from work on the radio by Chuck Swindol. It must be worth sharing cause I've heard it now 3 times this week.

Seriously, no seriously, read it,

Philippians 4:4-7 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: REJOICE! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. (here's the best part) And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

And so the above is my life verse. And the word of God has amazing power. It reminds me to turn my worry and stress over to him, and He gives me peace in doing so. I have to claim those words over and over again, and then again, and probably for the rest of my life.

So if i appear calm and collected at any given moment it is only a result of one of 2 things. I am either way overcompensating/covering up for how i feel inside, or it is God's grace that has given me peace in the moment.

1 comment:

The Runner Bunch said...

Great post Danielle! I really love our Bible Study group too and I'm glad we have all stuck together - so lucky to be part of it. Thanks for all the self disclosure too - so nice to know others don't always have it all together - makes me feel better about myself :)