Success

"To laugh often and love much; to win the respect of intelligent persons and the affection of children; to earn the approbation of honest citizens and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to give of one's self; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to have played and laughed with enthusiasm and sung with exltation; to know that even one life has breathed easier because you have lived...this is to have succeeded." _Ralph Waldo Emerson_

Monday, June 9, 2008

Captiol "T"

On our way to the Phantom of the Opera.....never had the city take a picture of me before. I look so short next to Rob...you think there's any way to contest that it wasn't really us driving? We were practically blinded after the photo-shoot. We knew this was coming. What a frustrating event though. It went a little like this: we're coming down off the freeway, and the light is green...green....green...oh shoot it's yellow, and uhhhh, well I better just go, it's a right hand turn,....did that thing just flash, hey I know it was still yellow when I entered the inter-section, better smile (but we must have missed our cue).

Traffic school and a big fat bail comin' my way.

Rob and I have a way of getting into unintentional trouble together (see above), or stumbling into things. This past week we went to see a Casting Crowns concert (which was fabulous, by the way). On our way out afterwards we exited a back door and spent a second discussing (arguing) which way would be best back to the car. I won this one, so we went my way, which entailed going through/in-between equipment sound boxes out back past their truck etc, and around the building. As we were doing so, out one of the back doors comes one of the singers, and then Mark the lead singer...we thought that was pretty cool, but we passed by...then decided to turn around and thank him for the night, and also to tell him that we had one of his songs sung at our wedding. So we did, we shook his hand, had a small conversation, and he asked our names. It was really nice, as we turned to walk away, his body-guard guy was on the radio, "hey there are people back here, how are people getting back here." Ooops. Well, it was fun and worth it. So thanks Mark, it was nice meeting you, we had a great time that night!

P.S. (Where are all you commenters?)

3 comments:

The Runner Bunch said...

Micah said the City doesn't enforce red light tickets because there is too much argument about the timing of the machines. Just contest it or don't pay it - they won't make you. Too funny though!!! I love th photo of you guys! :)

Anonymous said...

What a minute! That's not me! Who's that guy you are with?!?!
Rob

Kirk and Abbey said...

Sometimes I feel like I have those "Yellow Light" moments all the time -- with the dialogue going something like this: "Should I stay? I'm already over the line...heck, I'll just go..." I've been working on saying "Yes" more often to that inner voice that I sometimes talk myself out of. "Yes, don't hesitate to give that person a compliment" or "Yes, double check that the baby is strapped into the carseat!" or "Yes, go ahead and leave a comment on Danielle's blog..." :) -Abbey