Success

"To laugh often and love much; to win the respect of intelligent persons and the affection of children; to earn the approbation of honest citizens and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to give of one's self; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to have played and laughed with enthusiasm and sung with exltation; to know that even one life has breathed easier because you have lived...this is to have succeeded." _Ralph Waldo Emerson_

Friday, September 12, 2008

A bit o' fun

Here are a few odds and ends that I have wanted to post, but kept forgetting.

One day, a small group of us met at a place called Funtastic...it was successful...they had fun. Isaiah (hiding in the back) and Eli are surrounded by the women. We're in trouble...Isaiah just loves to kiss the girls...it's so cute. I'm okay with him kissing Katlyn...she's a keeper.
Jamie and Eli, got caught having fun in a doughnut.
Okay, now...it's has been a bit hard to take lately, that I don't get carded when I buy drinks anymore...but having a ten year reunion really makes you feel your age....seriously I don't look that old do I? Well instead of the $95 per person tickets to the reunion, two of my great friends from high school, along with their awesome husbands and us went out to dinner and had a great time! Erica and Laurisa you both look amazing. And Erica...glad we didn't loose you and Brian to the Brits...glad you're home.

And finally...a day at the park with an old friend. Melissa and I were friends in college on the nursing track together. She has since married and moved to Idaho where she has 5 beautiful girls...they were in town for a visit, and we were able to get together for the morning at the park. Coincidentally her mom also lived 2 doors down from us at our last house.
The girls insisted on taking my picture...
Isaiah, being a gentleman.
And an amazing group shot...how we got 8 children to sit still for a picture like this is amazing. Heidi's 2 kiddos are here too. (Notice that even with 5 children under 6, Melissa still has time to take a phone call....amazing!).

1 comment:

Jaime Tyler said...

I love the photos from Funtastic! I'll have to get those from you. Its so fun to let all the kids hang out (and fun for us mommies too!) We seriously need to do it again. I guess that would take organzing huh?! :) I'll work on that.