Success

"To laugh often and love much; to win the respect of intelligent persons and the affection of children; to earn the approbation of honest citizens and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to give of one's self; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to have played and laughed with enthusiasm and sung with exltation; to know that even one life has breathed easier because you have lived...this is to have succeeded." _Ralph Waldo Emerson_

Sunday, January 25, 2009

An Isaiah First

The beginning

The end

Okay, I know, I am well aware, I am totally guilty. I am an anal mom. Not only am I very picky and choosy about the 'sugar' in Isaiah's diet, I am also a neat freak. So meals that are messy, are few and far between. I just cringe at the thought of food on clothes, but hey, with bibs and a few stratigically placed bottles of shout around the house, clothes stay looking pretty new!
I gave in, and while Daddy was risking life and limb, (continue further) I gave Isaiah something to distract him from running into the 'danger zone.' Isaiah had his first lollipop. It was thrilling for him to say the least. MESSSSSSY. And before he knew what hit him, he was doused in Shout spray, and carried on playing.
I would just like to point out that it could only have been a man that decided it was a good idea to create a chainsaw on the end of a long stick. And then our neighbor added that it usually is a man's idea to put anything on a stick.
I would also like to point out that days before the trees got a good wacking, we had someone come to the door to advertise tree trimming, but as our neighbor also stated, Rob couldn't pass up the opportunity to do something so manly himself. The trees look fantastic now, and I'm anxiously awaiting spring to see them look even better. I sure am proud of my manly man.




3 comments:

It's Dangerous to Pick a Nurses Brain said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Yes, I enjoy my power tools. And if they come in gas powered that is even better.

heidi said...

hey- can i get your email?