Success

"To laugh often and love much; to win the respect of intelligent persons and the affection of children; to earn the approbation of honest citizens and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to give of one's self; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to have played and laughed with enthusiasm and sung with exltation; to know that even one life has breathed easier because you have lived...this is to have succeeded." _Ralph Waldo Emerson_

Monday, February 9, 2009

2 Questions??

1. Can anyone tell me what the going rate for babysitters is these days? What are you all paying?
2. Please, please help me find a home for my beautiful Americana chicken named Dorothy. She is the sweetest bird. She never pecks at you, she will just follow you around the yard, she comes when called, and will start laying beautiful blue-green eggs again in the spring. This is my last resort before advertising her on Craigslist. I would love for her to go live with someone I know, or to someone who knows someone I know....you get the point. From what I understand, the people that respond to the Craigslist free chickens ads are not looking for chickens as pets, if you get my drift. Can you say, "winner, winner, free chicken dinner." So sad. Dorothy is named after my grandma, so it's hard to give her away, but the other two chickens pick on her so she can't stay here anymore. Please help....spread the word.

5 comments:

Emily Strawn Photography said...

poor chicken!She is still being picked on? That's tough...
I would love to take her, but will not be in sac untill summer, and who knows if my chickens would like her.... I hope she finds a home!:)

Anonymous said...

Found your blog from a friends and thought I would let you know I have a daughter your sons age and find that the rate around here for a babysitter is $10/h. I thought/ still think its crazy $$$$, but its not young kids around here doing the babysitting this is for the 18+ sitters we know.

The Cunningham Family said...

We have a college sitter we pay $5 an hour, but have paid up to $9 for older out-of-college sitters. I think it usually depends on age, experience, and whether baby-sitting is their only job or just an occassional thing.

The Davis Family said...

We pay our high school senior that watches the girls around $10-$15 an hour, we usually round up to the next hour and pay more when she is feeding them dinner, bathing them, etc. :-)

The Davis Family said...

Oh and we would love Dorothy, but don't have our coop up yet. Probably not until the spring....if you keep her that long.