Success

"To laugh often and love much; to win the respect of intelligent persons and the affection of children; to earn the approbation of honest citizens and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to give of one's self; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to have played and laughed with enthusiasm and sung with exltation; to know that even one life has breathed easier because you have lived...this is to have succeeded." _Ralph Waldo Emerson_

Monday, March 30, 2009

Birthday's, Soccer Games, and Memorable Moments

Another busy weekend! And no camera...:( ....I can't believe all weekend I kept forgetting my camera.

Happy Birthday Rachel!...another big 30th birthday party on Friday night was a blast. Greg surprised her with friends and family, and we had a really nice time, of coarse Isaiah was the life of the party with all those big people.

On Saturday we got to celebrate Isaiah's good friend Eli's birthday. Happy Birthday Eli! This was Isaiah's first time at Chucky Cheese, and I dare say he was having a blast. The stimulation was a bit much for mom, but dad was enjoying showing Isaiah all the games. The kids have so much fun there it's crazy.

Then after a short nap in the car after the birthday we went out onto the field to cheer on daddy, who was playing in an alumni soccer game at the University. Isaiah always has a blast cheering on daddy, but the biggest hit was all the little hot wheels that mom packed in her purse. You should see the crowd of little boys I always get when I pull those things out. I never go without at least 6-8 of those things. It gives Isaiah a chance to share and make friends, and you should have heard the beautiful sound those things made whizzing down the metal bleachers....yikes! After a while, I made the cars take a little nap in my purse without too much protest. Anyway, the funny thing about the alumni game is that when Rob was playing, I, as the affectionately attentive girlfriend would come to ever game, even the alumni game when he would play against the alumni. I used to think that the alumni looked old! Ha Ha! Can you believe that. Now, Rob's probably the average age of the guys that show up, and the college guys look young!?! How did that happen so fast? Well, the old guys didn't do so bad, they lost 2-1 at the end.
The other fun memory for me coming to the alumni game, is that four years ago, at the annual alumni game Rob introduced me to his coaches wife who worked as a pediatric ICU nurse. It was that small introduction that I believe set the coarse for me in my career. It's funny how you go back over the years and can pick small almost meaningless moments and see how they changed you or set a coarse for your life. That was such a huge, yet small moment.

No comments: