Success

"To laugh often and love much; to win the respect of intelligent persons and the affection of children; to earn the approbation of honest citizens and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to give of one's self; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to have played and laughed with enthusiasm and sung with exltation; to know that even one life has breathed easier because you have lived...this is to have succeeded." _Ralph Waldo Emerson_

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Fingerprinted...and so much more.

(I am having to work back-wards here from Memorial day weekend)

We had the craziest weekend! But before I can get to that and include pictures, I wanted to say that steps 1-2 are completed on our adoption checklist! And 3-4 will follow by the end of the week! But the worst part of the fingerprinting process was not that it took almost an hour because they had some new guy trying it out. Nor was it the fact that we had Isaiah with us and he was less than impressed with this one room windowless office. The worst part was all it took to get my fingerprints/backround check done was for me to show my drivers licence to an elderly lady (Rob and I both happened to be wearing hats that day). Some safety check.

What an incredibly busy and fantastic weekend we had over Memorial Day!

Friday I got to have lunch with some nursing class mates of mine from Chico. Although half the time I had to spend chasing Isaiah around, it was so good to see these old friends. Some of them I haven't seen in a couple years. A week before this I also got to have lunch with Jana my old room-mate from school (she's sitting to the left of me). It was a lot of fun. There is something special about the bond between nurses. I found it interesting that of this group of friends, we all are in an ICU unit of some sort...this is very rare, and it must say something about our personalities that formed the friendships. Good to see you girls!

That night I worked of corse. Saturday night we went to a restaurant/bar in down-town sac, and got to follow that up with a night at the theatre. We saw Fantom of the Opera. This was my third time seeing it, and I have decided that it isn't my favorite play. The interpretation of this one kind of soured my enjoyment of it. From such a standard, familiar play, it was interesting to get such a different impression of the characters etc.

Sunday - Mom and dad came to church with us and afterwards we enjoyed the church memorial day BBQ. It was pretty fun watching the kids run around. Mom and I followed that up with a trip to the Vacaville outlets to catch some deals (while Isaiah and daddy slept). Then I dropped off mom at the Jazz Jubile down-town. At about 65th, I exited the free-way and made a u-turn, deciding to join the party down there (after all daddy assured me that him and Isaiah were having a great time together...and I wouldn't want to interupt that). So I partied it up with my parents at the Jazz Jubile, and met some great people.


And finally Monday we enjoyed our time with our family/friends at the park for a Memorial Day BBQ. It turned out to be a lot of work, but was worth it in the end. Enjoy some pics.

(Rob and Grant 'manning' the BBQ)


(Are these the cutest kids you've ever seen or what? I just love them all so much!!)
(Poor Noah, layed up from surgery still. Looks like he's on dog duty)
(I just loved this picture of Haylie and Jacob playing)
(The girls - seriously I don't know what I would don without them)


(The Papa's enjoying every minute with their little bud)


MY BABY!!!!

No comments: