Success

"To laugh often and love much; to win the respect of intelligent persons and the affection of children; to earn the approbation of honest citizens and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to give of one's self; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to have played and laughed with enthusiasm and sung with exltation; to know that even one life has breathed easier because you have lived...this is to have succeeded." _Ralph Waldo Emerson_

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Pics and Quote of the Day

I think I'll have to work backwards...i had a busy weekend and didn't get the chance to upload these pics!

Monday
I thought it was a little quiet monday morning. I usually let Isaiah cruz the pantry...it seems that he has his dads sweet tooth. This would be his first cookie...he decided to try them out on his own. I was laughing so hard. There were cookies all over the floor around him and some evidence crumbs on his big cheeks.

Friday



Beach Day! What a blast! Thanks Sandy for organizing this great day at the beach. We had to walk a quarter mile to actually get to the water....but the kids did great, and we had such a good time with the other kids. Got to try out our new sand toys from aunt Jeanette too!






I had to include this pic as well for Friday! Jamie and I had previously gone to a gymboree music class together to try it out. It was a blast, and i was really excited about it...that is until Rob and I discussed the price tag. SOOOO I decided that we would do our own music class at home. On Friday mornings I am very specific with our activities containing music things. We play on the piano, we bang on the drums and we sing and dance to the kids praise music. We both have a blast and we are 'learning' music!

(btw...can you believe this piano was FREE!!! love craigslist!)





THURSDAY



Thursday we kicked off Young Life club with a nacho stand at Oak Ridge's annual spring fling. Isaiah was digging the backpack, and he loved handing out the frisby's to the kids that came by our booth. It was a fantastic day, and the kids really enjoyed the frisby's, they were playing with them on the field...esentially we had young life's name 'flying' all over campus!!!! YEAH!



And finally my deeper thought (DT). I am including this link on my list of places to stop. Chuck Swindol is doing a mini series on 'The Woman Who Fears The Lord.' It's great! Which I would expect nothing less from this amazing teacher. I just love my ipod...so many great things to learn out there, and what a fantastic tool to use. This next quote (as read by Swindol) is from Erma Bombeck. Please enjoy Moms!
Titled: 'If I had it all to do over'
Someone asked me the other day if i had my life to live over would I change anything. My answer was no, but then i thought about it and changed my mind. If I had my life to live over I would have waxed less and listened more. Instead of wishing away 9 months of pregnancy and complaining about the shadows over my feet, I would have cherished every minute of it and realized that the wonderment growing inside me was to be my only chance in life to assist God in a miracle. I would never have insisted the car windows be rolled up on a summers day because my hair had just been teased and sprayed. I would have invited friends over to dinner even if the carpet was stained and the sofa faded. I would have eaten popcorn in the good living room and worried less about the dirt when you lit the fire place. I would have taken the time to listen to my grandfather rumble about his youth. I would have burnt the pink candle sculptured like a rose before it melted while being stored in the garage. I would have sat cross legged on the lawn with my children and never worried about grass stains. i would have cried and laughed less while watching television and more while watching life. I would have shared more of the responsiblilty carried by my husband which I took for granted. I would have eaten less cottage cheese and more ice cream. i would never have bought anything just because it was practical. when my child kissed me impetuously, i would never have said, 'later later, now go get washed up for dinner.' There would have been more 'i love you's' more 'i'm sorry's', more 'i'm listening.' Bt mostly, given another shot at life, I would seize every minute of it. I would look at it and really see it, try it on, live it, exhaust it and never give that minute back until there was nothing left.

1 comment:

heidi said...

hey danielle- i love that you dont just post stuff about your baby, but you go deeper. being a mom isnt your only identity. i enjoy these posts the mosts. when friends get together we ususlaly atlk about the "what we did" stuff, more superficial. but blogging provides the opportunity for those that arent comfortable being deep and meaningful with poeple on a dialy basis to do it online. then we all get to learn and be challenged and encouraged more. so thank you, your blog is one of the few that acually goes deeper.