Success

"To laugh often and love much; to win the respect of intelligent persons and the affection of children; to earn the approbation of honest citizens and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to give of one's self; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to have played and laughed with enthusiasm and sung with exltation; to know that even one life has breathed easier because you have lived...this is to have succeeded." _Ralph Waldo Emerson_

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Safeway can kiss my paycheck good-bye...and other money saving tips

1. I am finished with Safe-way. On 2 different occasions this week I had to run there to grab something....(I haven't been good about going to the store and thinking ahead lately). A box of pasta, a particular brand that we like....$3 at Safe-way and $1 dollar at Win-co
******Mayonnaise.....$5 at Safe-way.......$3.27 at Win-co******
and many, many, many, many other examples. I might as well be throwing my money into the street (as my mother used to say....oh goodness, when did that happen).

SOOOOO....SO LONG SAFE-WAY and HELLLLLLO WIN-CO

2. Even though we had insurance, supposedly the best kind....it is ridiculously expensive. For Isaiah's 15 month check up and shots, it was going to cost almost $700 of which I had to pay over $150 out of pocket. (And by the way, it took 5 different phone numbers/phone calls and a 4 day wait in order for them to tell me how much it cost).
LIKE HECK......I made an appointment at the county public health department, and for $40 dollars we waited 15 minutes and were seen by a very nice nurse and out we went 15 minutes later, immunization card all stamped up.

So for those of you on a limited budget, take it from me, Win-co and Trader Joes are where it's at, and the health department for your little ones. Do you have money saving tips? Leave me your budget tips in the comments section....we could use them.

1 comment:

The 4 T's! said...

ok...i TOTALLY second your winco tidbit! I have been shopping at winco for a while...and i wont go into safeway or raleys unless im in dire need! Winco is great. Everything there is cheap...and its legit too. its not cruddy stuff! Another suggestion...try the bulk section, youd be amazed at what you can find in there for WAY cheap. check it out sometime!