Success

"To laugh often and love much; to win the respect of intelligent persons and the affection of children; to earn the approbation of honest citizens and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to give of one's self; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to have played and laughed with enthusiasm and sung with exltation; to know that even one life has breathed easier because you have lived...this is to have succeeded." _Ralph Waldo Emerson_

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I Admit, I'm a Junky

Okay, Okay....I love talk radio. I know what you're thinking. But there is this one show in particular that Rob and I enjoy in the morning, on talk 650. It's the Armstrong and Getty show. They talk about all kinds of things. I love it, they always get me thinking.

Any closet Armstrong and Getty fans out there?

Well, anyway, if you are a fan, you may know about a frequent caller they have whose name is Basel, from Iraq and is quite funny and interesting. The other day, Rob and I were driving on the free-way and I happened to notice this license plate that read 'Basel' on it, and thought, it was funny (ask me about my Basel story from our travels in Switzerland sometime) and just like that caller's name, then Rob noticed his Armstrong and Getty bumper sticker. As we passed him, sure enough a middle aged Iraqi man was driving and looked exactly like I thought he would. So I did the first thing that came to mind, I leaned way over with a big smile and waved at him...and as if he knew exactly why we were waving, he smiled and enthusiastically waved right back. Rob and I got a good giggle out of it for about 10 minutes.

I'm adding them to my list of web-sites to stop at because they are available on pod-cast which is a fantastic way to cut commercials. Also I have some new books listed (***Leota's Garden***is fantastic) if you hadn't noticed before, and also I changed the link to my friend Gretchen Jones to a site she more frequently updates. She has lived in Peru the last 5 years? and always has incredible stories from her work there. Also added the Cunningham blog this week. Check it out.

No comments: