Success

"To laugh often and love much; to win the respect of intelligent persons and the affection of children; to earn the approbation of honest citizens and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to give of one's self; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to have played and laughed with enthusiasm and sung with exltation; to know that even one life has breathed easier because you have lived...this is to have succeeded." _Ralph Waldo Emerson_

Monday, September 1, 2008

State Fair Days Are Here Again

For the last 8 years now, Rob and I haven't missed a state fair. That is mostly due to me....I am in love with the state fair. I love a couple things about it. I love seeing the animals (I have a secret dream of having a farm someday....hence the chickens and all the other animals), I love seeing all the creative things people make in the exhibition areas, and sell in the booths. And finally I love seeing all the interesting people, I love being reminded what is really considered 'normal,' and I'm moved with love and compassion for human-kind. Enjoy the pics...and hurry out, today is the last day of the fair. (My co-workers were laughing at me the morning I was getting off work, we were going to be going that afternoon, and I couldn't contain my excitement)

No babies being born this time ....you can actually see baby animals being born, if you get there at just the right time...it's incredible. But this little cow wasn't very old.
Grahm and Papa came too!


A little quarter is always good for a tickle on the feet.
AWE!!! My annual corn dog...this too is something that I greatly look forward to. It makes me want to go back today just to get my hands on another one....I think my heart will only let me have one a year however.
For 8 years Rob and I have enjoyed buying our kettle corn from this couple. Most years it's late at night by the time we get over there, and we usually enjoy a pleasant conversation with them. They come from Texas and they travel around in the summer together working at different fairs. They are soooo cute, and so sweet, that I had to take a picture of them this year.

Isaiah is enthralled with the Chinese dancers...I think they spent a little too much time in the heat that day...there were a few falls...oooops.
You would think that my mom had never seen some of the scary rides before, she was freaked out that people would get on those things, especially the free-fall stuff. Check out this great shot of her....pretty funny.

2 comments:

Kirk and Abbey said...

I LOVE the state fair, too! Ma and Pa Kettle Corn are classic!

I am catching up on your entries...I see I've been tagged... :)

The 4 T's! said...

looks like you all had fun!!!!! I would love to see you this week!! let me know anytime your down this way and i will make it happen :-)