Success

"To laugh often and love much; to win the respect of intelligent persons and the affection of children; to earn the approbation of honest citizens and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to give of one's self; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to have played and laughed with enthusiasm and sung with exltation; to know that even one life has breathed easier because you have lived...this is to have succeeded." _Ralph Waldo Emerson_

Monday, October 27, 2008

FALL!!!

I had to share this picture again, along with a few others of my favorites from our big outing to Apple Hill 2 weekends ago. After reading many blogs in my long night time hours, it would seem that I am not the only one who lusts after Fall. Fall is my favorite time of year - BY FAR! I love the way the air smells, I love the feel of a sweatshirt mixed with my favorite flip-flops. I love the changing leaves and foliage. I can't get enough of the colors, and sounds of fall. Even the way the glow the sun gives in the fall afternoons is so uniquely special. I love bringing out our winter food favorites, i.e. soups, stews, pot roasts, chili...and not feeling like I'm melting when I bake all the cookies and cakes until my heart (and my husbands belly) are content. Even the wildlife has a particular curiosity this time of year, scurrying about trying to get ready for something impending.

Yes, Fall is my favorite season, followed closely by Spring. It's the transition seasons, the time in life and in nature when everyone holds their breath for the things to come.

Funny Isaiah note...all day we talked about going to Apple Hill with Isaiah. He can say and easily identify an apple. Well, apparently the apple season wasn't so hot this year, so we saw almost exclusively pumpkins...which he proceeded to call apples... Too much pre-talk about apples and apple hill backfired on me.

Here, Isaiah couldn't lift the pumpkin, so follow the pictures below as he figured out how to tip it over on it's side and give it a rolling start with his foot.






(Our fireman in training) YOU THERE!! BRING THE HOSE OVER HERE!
What do you suppose he ate....or did?????

AH, The Family...I guess Isaiah's had a long day.
But, just a little more running around couldn't hurt...
Is that Mama bein' tackled to the ground by a munchkin?
Mama is the successor!!! Munchkin in tow.
What would a day at Apple Hill be without the token apple on the way home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous pictures, Danielle - you are such a sweet family!