Success

"To laugh often and love much; to win the respect of intelligent persons and the affection of children; to earn the approbation of honest citizens and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to give of one's self; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to have played and laughed with enthusiasm and sung with exltation; to know that even one life has breathed easier because you have lived...this is to have succeeded." _Ralph Waldo Emerson_

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Bowling and Good Friends

I still can't believe it's true, but Rob says we've never been bowling together. In 9 years? Is that possible..?.? I don't believe him, but I don't exactly have a case or pics to prove it. So this time I do. These girls are amazing, they are my old co-workers from the med-center, and I am indebted to them all. You know how they say that when you go through something traumatic with someone it creates a particular sort of bond with that person. That's true of nurses to some degree because they experience the craziest things and really can only joke about it in it's rawest form with one another. Four of these girls and I all started out of nursing school together in the PICU and they are some pretty smart cookies....don't' let the beer buzz faces fool you. Every now and again Amy is real good about planning events, and sometimes we invite the gentleman along too. So bowling it was....next weekend I get to see them all again for a birthday bash downtown!!! LOVE IT!
Oh, and by the way, Rob KICKED everyone's butt at bowling. What is it with that guy and sports anyway? Hummm I guess he picked an appropriate career.











1 comment:

Great Brit said...

I beg to differ that this is the first time you went bowling together I think I recall Winter of 2007 in South Lake Tahoe when we went on our winter retreat - it was so cold that we all went bowling you and Jaime were pregnant at the time...I think Rob won that day as well...