Success

"To laugh often and love much; to win the respect of intelligent persons and the affection of children; to earn the approbation of honest citizens and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to give of one's self; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to have played and laughed with enthusiasm and sung with exltation; to know that even one life has breathed easier because you have lived...this is to have succeeded." _Ralph Waldo Emerson_

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

More Midnight Posts

More Housekeeping and Updates:

* Rebekah had her baby! Last week....sorry bekah for being a bit behind! Congrats! Addison is adorable and we are so excited to watch her grow. It was such a kick for me, cause she had Addison just a few floors down from my unit in the hospital. She went into labor while i was on shift, so i snuck a few trips downstairs to check in and see how she was progressing. I finally went home about mid-night and she had her a few hours later. I am so thrilled for her and Matt and pray blessings on that precious baby girl.

*Thank you Grant (aka. 'great-brit'), for being our memory...what are friends for when we get old and senile? Even though Grant and Jamie are hopefully enjoying themselves in Japan, He was kind enough to leave me a comment, while still on vacation, reminding me that Rob and I had indeed been bowling together. Once he wrote it, Rob and I had a big ah-ha moment. Very funny, (see previous blog). Well, anyway.....

*Who thinks it's a good idea to use our food supply for fuel? Seriously people what a STUPID, and i can't yell STUPID loud enough, idea. Sorry, let me explain. There is much talk in congress and the house right now about making ethanol mandatory in percentage amounts as part of our fuel source. Ethanol is made from corn,....corn is one of our major food groups. Farm land is already going the way of the dinosaur FAST, so are the farmers, and so are the actual nutrients in the ground. Corn is one the most demanding things to grow in terms of nutrients, in other words it renders the soil nutrient barren quickly....soooooo you need LOTS of fertilizers.....CHEMICALS such as nitrogen etc. to replace all the lost nutrients that the corn steals. With population growth, urban sprawl and many other concepts that i haven't even begun to touch...just take a minute to look into whether or not you think using food for fuel sounds like even a remotely good idea. OH....and don't get me started on whether or not 'global warming' is the biggest sheeps wool being pulled over our eyes right now...I'll leave that for another blog.

* Started 2 new books! Yeah! Okay, I'm leaving Francine Rivers for a bit...sorry Francine, I'm going to start seeing other people. "Tears of the Giraffe" by Alexander McCall Smith is the second in "The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency" series. It's about a women in Zimbabwe that opens up a detective agency, and all the interesting tales that it brings her way. It's really quite a fun/light read. The second book was given to me today called "Power and Praise" by Merlin R. Carothers. It's an older Christian living classic, and I dove right in. I love to read what the writers of older generations had to say about what it really means to be real with our God and it seems that the older writers had some deeper thoughts on faith than you find in many contemporary books. By example, C.S. Lewis, Charles Spurgeon, Miles Stanford. I'm tired of fluff faith, I started reading a commentary along with my study in the book of Isaiah, written by J. Vernon McGee, and I'm blown away with what God is showing me about myself, my faith, and about HIM. HE IS AMAZING....I JUST LOVE OUR GOD. Please ask me more, I'm just so excited about the things I'm learning right now.

*We have a new pet! Add him to our farm list....Marlin is our new beta fish, compliments of my dad who just had to bless Isaiah with a fish all of his own (There are now more pets than kids in the kids room....i hope this doesn't become a continuing trend). 6 PETS? Call me crazy, but you know how I am....I just love all of God's creation...the more the merrier. Still working on my argument for a goat.

No comments: